Photo Awards M.E is a GCC Food Photography Awards open for both professionals and amateurs, hoping to provide young and aspiring photographers a platform to get noticed, appreciated and be known. Based on the theme Celebrating good food, participants are invited to enter their original photographs depicting different forms, styles, preparations and occasions of food. The vision is to raise awareness on healthy eating habits as well as traditional and organic farming through photography.
Participants must be 14 years and above, a citizen or resident of the GCC including Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the UAE. A maximum of nine images (three in each category) can be submitted online. The entry fee is $15 per entry form. Registrations will continue until September 30, 2015.
HOW TO ENTER
Follow these four simple steps:
1. Visit www.photoawardme.com
2. Complete the registration form
3. Submit and upload your photos
4. Pay the entry fee
The competition consists of three categories:
• Food from the farms: Food shots from the natural settings; the farmlands.
• Market Scenes: Shots from the bustling environment of a local market.
• Food Portraits: Submit the picture of a dish or a delicious spread of treats set up with or without props and styling.
The grand prize winner will receive, in addition to the title GCC Food Photographer of the Year 2015, a cash award of $1,000 and sponsored gifts. The first place winner in each category will each receive $333 and gifts.
GO: Visit www. photoawardme.com for registration and more information on the competition. Shortlisted entries will be available on the website after November 2, and winners will be announced at a gala event on November 14.