An initiative in cooperation with UAE charity Friends of Cancer Patients, the 6th Annual Pink Caravan Ride takes place this March with the aim of spreading breast cancer awareness in the Emirates…
Taking place from the March 7 to 17, the Pink Caravan Ride will traverse the UAE on horseback, taking in all the major cities, in a drive to spread awareness about breast cancer and improve survival rates amongst sufferers. With 250 riders and over 500 volunteers, the caravan will travel 1,240km through the seven Emirates, visiting 410 medical clinics and 87 schools on its journey.
The aims of the Pink Caravan are to:
• Become a vehicle for change by engaging breast cancer related NGOs to join together and unify the UAE breast cancer early detection and screening and patient support efforts.
• Spread awareness about the importance of self-breast examination amongst the UAE community via traditional (lectures, one-on-one education) engagements and PR, Media and digital social mediums.
• Dispel myths associated with breast cancer in relation to the UAE community.
• Provide access to clinical-breast examinations, regular mammography tests and further breast cancer screening investigation, for women and men within the UAE community.
• Lobby for the creation of the UAE’s National Cancer Registry.
• Advocate amongst public and private medical bodies to make available and improve the standards of breast cancer screening and treatment within the UAE.
GO: Log on to www.pinkcaravan.ae. for more info.
PINK CARAVAN CALENDAR OF EVENTS
March 7 Opening Ceremony – Sharjah
Under the patronage of HH Sheikh Dr. Sultan bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Member of Supreme Council and Ruler of Sharjah, the 6th edition of Pink Caravan Ride will be launched.
9th March Pink Auction – Dubai Mall
Pink Caravan Ambassador Sheikh Mohamed bin Abdullah Al Thani will champion the Pink Silent Auction which will feature a valuable Tag Heuer watch, the proceeds of which will benefit
March 11 Pink Bite – Dubai Mall
After last year’s resounding success of Pink Bite, P.ink Caravan ambassadors will hit Galeries Lafayette once again to cook for a good cause.
March 12 Pink Strides – Corniche, Ajman
Kids will walk from Kempinski Ajman to Ajman Palace with their fathers in support of breast cancer. HH Sheikh Rshid Al Nuaimi will champion the walk spreading awareness across Ajman.
March 13 Together We Achieve Better – Al Majaz
Waterfront, Sharjah A day out for the whole family at Al Majaz Waterfront including numerous sports and fun activities, where the Caravan will be available to offer mammogram screenings.
March 14 Pink Buzz – Kite Beach, Dubai
Social Media influencers in the UAE will create a buzz during the Burj to Burj route of the ride in Dubai. The day will end at the Kite Beach where all will gather to unwind and network.
March 15 Pink Regatta – The Palm, Dubai
Sailing for courage! Numerous boats will take part in the Pink Sailors boat parade in The Palm Jumeirah after Jockeys’ Ride in support of Pink Caravan.
16th March Pink Circuit – Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi
Walking for a good cause at Yas Marina Circuit- Abu Dhabi in support of breast cancer patients! Participants will gear up for the cause and put on their pink Tees and trainers. Proceeds of the walkathon will benefit Pink Caravan.
March 17 Closing Ceremony – Rosewood Abu Dhabi
The 6th edition of Pink Caravan Ride will conclude at the Rosewood Hotel Abu Dhabi to award soldiers of Pink Hope and Pink Caravan unsung heroes.